30 October 2008

Day 4

I really am in an NLP bubble, I seem to be losing track of what day it is!

I have to tell you about some of the wonderful people I've met here. There are 90 people and the atmosphere is great. Lots of different nationalities all eager to learn how to make themselves more successful and happy. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I'm moving around each day and meeting new people, as well as keeping in contact with the people I met at the start. It's great seeing everyone looking more confident about what their learning and seeing the smiling faces. There's a complete contrast when I get on the tube to travel to the hotel near Earls Court. Not a smile in sight, well apart from mine, that is, and the odd smile returned. What a shame that people are so serious, when they would feel so good inside with a smile on their face. We all think and feel better with a smile.

I'm taking my own advice and leading by example. I had a conversation with the cashier at M & S today which was good. We spend too much of our time when we're moving from place to place missing out on the wonderfulness of the people around us. Often this can be because of fear and being taught that someone we don't know is a stranger and that "strange" is something to fear.

What if we re-constructed the word, "stranger", in our minds and gave it a different meaning? Something like, a stranger is a wonderful person we're going to feel curiosity and wonder discovering more about. I wonder how that small shift could change our individual worlds and the planet as a whole. I have a feeling it would make a big difference. I'm going to use that meaning from now on and empower myself to connect with more "strangers", I hope you do too.

To complete a fantastic day of learning. I went with a friend I've met on the course to a shop called, Mysteries in Convent Garden. He bought his first pack of Angel cards and a crystal pendelum. What an experience for him and me. We met at the beginning of the course and had lots of angelic weirdness ("weird" another one of those fear inducing words - that I love) to share as well as guidance and stories. I feel so pleased for him to be opening up to the spirit world and all it can offer him and the people he meets.

So much has come into my life that I am grateful for since the Practitioner Course this time last year. I would never have believed it was possible for my consciousness to be at the level that it is now. I'm filled with joy and wonder at what the future holds for me!

No comments: