4 November 2008

Day 7

Meta Programmes!

These run throughout our lives and we didn't even know it. It's been an interesting and inspiring day. I've learnt about how programmes run in our daily lives, and tried out the concept, seeing how it fits with my own experience. I am curious about how I can use these, to improve myself and my life, and support others too change what isn't working.

A programme we examined was around "same" and "difference". In terms of decision making, where on the scale from, everything must be the same, to everything must be different, are you? Ask, do I notice the things that are the same, then the differences, or someone who notices difference then sameness.

An example we used, was who goes for the same biscuits as they've had previously at the break and who wants a different sort. It's an interesting and very useful idea to play with!

Do you go to the same restaurant and order the same meal or do you try different restaurants and order different meals each time? There's no right or wrong. It's not that it particular says anything about you or me as a person, but it does give you information about your experience that you can play with. It also helps you notice what works in relationships and what doesn't. You're much more equipped then, to improve life. A person who likes things to be the same in a relationship with a person who likes everything different, could be a fun show!

Have a play!

Question to ask yourself today:- How much fun can I have? Take this question in your mind and apply it to each moment of today and see what happens.

Fayx

No comments: