6 November 2008

Day 9

I'm home! So, in a matter of 9 days I've become, yet again, a new version of myself. Master NLP and Hypnotic Practitioner!

Wow, I'm so proud of myself. I met some fantastic people from all over the world, a coach from Japan, a hypnotist from Australia and many others from the UK. How lucky I am to have the course virtually on the doorstep, when some people travelled from the other side of the world.

Richard Bandler asked, today, if we'd surprised ourselves.

I've surprised myself a lot over the last three years, the surprises started when I began writing. So, it's not a new concept to me, however I have been surprised by how much I knew already and how I was able to work with other people on the course and see some incredible changes. Receiving great feedback from the trainers was lovely too. It makes such a difference when people believe in you!

We're conditioned from a young age to focus on what we can't do well, and this is then pointed out by people, and ourselves, for most of our lives in some cases. I, for one, have stopped doing it. It makes no sense to keep telling ourselves we're not very good at stuff, when most of the time it's not true anyway! It's a ridiculous habit that can be changed.

Noticing and changing the areas we want to develop is a much better plan. Focusing on what we do well, and doing more of that is where the joy of life is. Once you're in that space, you can seek out new opportunities, that's the way to surprise yourself.

When was the last time you surprised yourself? If suprising yourself is something you think you haven't experienced, then think back to being a child and notice how many times you surprised yourself, for example, in terms all the things you learnt to do, from the minute you were born.

After all, you learnt to breathe, cry, see, crawl, walk, talk, play, laugh, smile, sing, paint, write, read, I could go on, are you getting the idea???

We take so many things for granted and we forget the wonder that is life!

Go on, surprise yourself!

No comments: